Below are two fashion magazines, Look and Glamour. They both have similar magazine conventions on there cover page. These include mastheads, a cover model, anchorage and coverlines. I chose these two magazines to show the similarities between the types of magazines and the conventions used. The cover models used are very affective as they are iconic celebrities which draw peoples attention as they are likely to buy a magazine if they are interested in the celebrity. The colours used are very light and girly and would appeal to many women. Also the coverlines draw peoples attention as they are specifically targeting certain people. For example, 'Love your body.' This appeals to many women as the desire to love your body and feel good is very prevalent in society. Both magazines have given me very good examples of the way I should layout my magazine as well as making sure I make the cover relevant to my target audience.


No comments:
Post a Comment