Thursday, 8 October 2015

School Magazine Mock Up


This is a mock up of my school magazine. I really like the cover photo, however, I think that I can edit the photo better to make the edges less rigid. I also really like the colours because they match the colours of the St Gregory's booklet. I did this so that it kept the house style so that it was clear to people what the magazine was and what school it was for. My central image is of a smiling year 7 boy holding the St Gregory's booklet. I did this because it makes a good impression of the school as the child is smiling. Also I made him hold the St Gregory's booklet because it also shows other students who are happy and smiling, again it connotes a happy and friendly environment. The reason I put pictures of both a school sports team and a drama show was to show that the school is an all round school, not just academics but also extra curricular activities. For the picture of the show I anchored it with quotes of what people said about the show. This was because it shows the achievement of both the school and the pupils in the performance. For my real version I am going to take my own photos of a schools sports team and a school show. I may also change the font of the masthead as I don't think that it stands out and catches the attention of the reader as much as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment