This is my contact sheet for my front cover image. I decided to use someone from New Orleans on my visit who I think would appeal to a large variety of people. I chose this man because I wanted someone who could play the saxophone as my magazine is a jazz magazine. I also wanted him to be quite edgy as many middle aged men can relate to a time like this in their lives as they would have been in their teens and twenties during the seventies and eighties. I did this because i wanted my target audience to feel young and have nostalgia towards the cover image making it attractive to them as it reminds them of their youth and many people who are getting more mature often reminisce about their past and sometimes wish that they still had the edge that many youths of today had. For my front cover I chose the top left hand image. This is because you can clearly see the saxophone and the mans focus is on the saxophone drawing more attention the genre of the magazine rather than the man himself.

No comments:
Post a Comment