Monday, 25 April 2016

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Whilst going this project one of the first bits of technology I discovered how to use was google blogger. 

This is the site that i used to upload and update all of my coursework throughout the months I have been working on the magazine. I enjoyed uploading things and trying to make my blog look interesting for the people reading it as a media producer. I used different media platforms to upload so that it was more fun to read. I uploaded images as well as prezis onto my blog.

For the creative parts of my coursework i use serif page plus. This was an important part of making my magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread.


This software allowed me to easily move my images and offered me a wide variety of fonts so that i could make the magazine as I envisioned it. I learnt how to use colours and move objects as well as use the crop and shape tools which are different than using it on Word. I could also use the tool cutout studio to get rid of the background image precisely. This was a time consuming process. However, the results were very effective and were a lot more cleaner than if you were to use the remove background tool on software such as publisher and word.

I also used Serif Draw Plus to create the gold around the masthead and in the corner of the front page. This was more challenging to use and i learnt how to make my own drawings and shapes as well as colour them and also how to make them look like a gradient effect. I also discovered how to export the images as jpegs so I could use them in my magazine and easily manipulate them on page Plus. tThis process proved to be quite lengthly at first, however, after using it once i could easily navigate around the software making the next time I used it less time consuming.

I also used prezi a number of times to make my blog more interesting for the reader.
Prezi lets you make slideshows that can hold information and pictures that allow the reader to go forward and back as they please. I enjoyed making prezis as they were extremely simple to make but the end result looked professional. I now have an account with Prezi that I can use and apply to other aspects of my A level to help with revision ect.

In addition to these softwares i also used my Nikon DSLR camera. Prior to this course I did not know how to use its full functions and had it on Auto mode for most of the time. After getting the opportunity to experiment with my camera I found many other useful features such the portrait mode which was really helpful in capturing some of the pictures for my magazine. I also used various different computers to blog from, including mac laptops, mac computers and also dell computers. It was interesting to work on different computer softwares and use them for different things to get the most out of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment