I think that my audience for my magazine would be mainly males between the ages of twenty to the latest thirties. This is quite a wide range of ages, however, I think that this is okay because I think my magazine caters for all of these ages as the content does not make the magazine exclusive to one age group. I think that it is mainly older people who listen to jazz music and not many teenagers do hence why they are not my audience. I think that my audience are these people because they are also legally allowed to drink alcohol and the content of the magazine involves things such as bars, clubs and festivals.
I do however think that some women will read it because it can also appeal to them with the use of black and gold being related to elegance, wealth and exclusiveness. As well as this i think some girls might be attracted by the 1920's theme because many women are intrigued by the allure of the speakeasy's as well as the men who make a lot of money such as, Gatsby. I don't feel that my magazine looks as though it should be for one gender as the colours used are very neutral, instead of them being typical 'boys' colours.
The audience for my magazine would most defiantly be interested in either jazz music or the 1920s as this is what the magazine is mostly about. This music is again more popular in people older that teenagers. However, i think that teenagers who have an interest in jazz music would also enjoy and benefit from the content in the magazine. Although there are other jazz magazines it is clearly a niche market and one that i feel does not cater to a wide variety of people.
For the most part I do think that my audience will be working males in their early twenties up top their late thirties who have busy schedules but want to take a spare time they have to indulge in a magazine that is rich with jazz, booze and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment